If you are a non-profit organization operating affordable housing in the Basin in need of energy retrofits, this program could help support the upgrades. The Columbia Basin Trust Energy Retrofit Program is delivered by the BC Non-Profit Housing Association in partnership with BC Housing.
The goal of this program is to help Basin residents have access to housing that meets their needs. This program will help ensure existing affordable housing units are maintained, cost-effective, energy-efficient and comfortable for residents.
Through this program, non-profit organizations that operate affordable housing in the Basin may be eligible to:
- perform energy assessments and develop plans
- access existing rebate programs
- help pay for retrofits through Trust-funded grants
Energy retrofits include activities like improving or replacing:
- heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- hot water heaters
Energy retrofits will enhance the quality and sustainability of existing affordable housing by:
- lowering operating costs
- improving comfort level with more efficient heating systems and climate control
- assisting with long-term asset management
Who Can Apply
You may apply if you represent a non-profit organization that operates affordable housing in the Basin.
How to Apply
- Read the Program Guide thoroughly and download the Expression of Interest Worksheet.
- Complete the form.
- Submit your Expression of Interest Form by June 30 2021 @ 13:00 PT/14:00 MT by email: to BasinERP@bcnpha.ca with the Subject line: “Basin ERP Intake (insert organization name)”.
A confirmation email will be sent to you. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Shortlisted non-profits for the 2021 intake will be contacted by BCNPHA for more information such as project scope details, including quotes, energy studies or other information if required, prior to final selection and approval of funding.