This program helps strengthen the Early Childhood Educator (ECE) workforce by providing a $2 per hour wage subsidy to enhance the wages of eligible ECEs employed by licensed child care facilities in the Columbia Basin Trust region.
Eligible ECEs must:
- be a resident of the Columbia Basin Trust region;
- hold a valid Early Childhood Educator, Infant and Toddler Educator, and/or Special Needs Educator certificate issued by the BC ECE Registry;
- be in good standing with the BC ECE Registry;
- be employed or self-employed on a full-time, part-time or casual basis by an eligible licensed child care facility; and
- spend more than 50% of their working hours at the licensed facility providing direct care and supervision to children enrolled.
Eligible employers must:
- be a licensed child care facility (eligible designations listed below) in good standing with the Ministry of Children and Family Development;
- be in good standing with the BC Corporate Registry (if the Employer is a non-profit society or registered business);
- be located in the Columbia Basin Trust region;
- have a WorkSafeBC account in good standing (WorkSafeBC coverage is required for all Employers with employees and is recommended for Employers that do not have employees);
- be receiving a wage subsidy of at least $2/hour from a source other than the Trust; and
- continue paying ECEs their previously received wage, plus the $2 wage subsidy, to enhance the ECE’s existing wage.
Who Can Apply
Eligible Applicants include non-profit and for-profit providers of licensed child care in the Basin region with the following designations:
- Group Child Care
- Multi-Age Child Care
- In-Home Multi-Age Child Care
Facilities designated as Family Child Care, School Age Child Care, Occasional Child Care, Registered License-Not-Required Care, License-Not-Required Care and In-Child’s-Own-Home Care are not eligible.
Please refer to the Childcare BC Webpage for clarification on licensing designations.
How to Apply
For all eligible, licensed facilities:
- Review the Program and Application Guide prior to filling out the online application form.
- Use the worksheet to develop your application offline if you so choose.
- Complete the online application from by Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. PT/3:00 p.m. MT.
For new facilities expected to open after October 21, 2021:
- Email email@example.com to indicate when you expect to meet all eligibility requirements outlined in the Program Guide.
- Depending on the date of your facility’s expected opening, you may be provided access to the application form and invited to apply once all eligibility requirements can be met.
Eligible Employers must submit an application by October 21, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. MT and will receive notification of approval/decline approximately eight weeks after the deadline.
Contribution Agreements will be entered into with approved Employers for a 12-month period, from approximately January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022.
Applications for new, eligible facilities that become licensed after the October 21, 2021 deadline will be considered on first-received, first-served basis. If you intend to open a licensed facility in 2022, contact us at 1.877.489.2687 ext. 3689 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.