This program helps strengthen the Early Childhood Educator (ECE) workforce by providing a $2 per hour wage subsidy to enhance the wages of eligible ECEs employed by licensed child care facilities in the Columbia Basin Trust region.
Eligible ECEs must:
- be a resident of the Columbia Basin Trust region;
- hold a valid Early Childhood Educator, Infant and Toddler Educator, and/or Special Needs Educator certificate issued by the BC ECE Registry;
- be in good standing with the BC ECE Registry;
- be employed or self-employed on a full-time, part-time or casual basis by an eligible licensed child care facility; and
- spend more than 50% of their working hours at the licensed facility providing direct care and supervision to children enrolled.
Eligible employers must:
- be a licensed child care facility (eligible designations listed below) in good standing with the Ministry of Children and Family Development;
- be in good standing with the BC Corporate Registry (if the Employer is a non-profit society or registered business);
- be located in the Columbia Basin Trust region;
- have a WorkSafeBC account in good standing (WorkSafeBC coverage is required for all Employers with employees and is recommended for Employers that do not have employees);
- be receiving a wage subsidy of at least $2/hour from a source other than the Trust; and
- continue paying ECEs their previously received wage, plus the $2 wage subsidy, to enhance the ECE’s existing wage.
Who Can Apply
Eligible Applicants include non-profit and for-profit providers of licensed child care in the Basin region with the following designations:
- Group Child Care
- Multi-Age Child Care
- In-Home Multi-Age Child Care
Facilities designated as Family Child Care, School Age Child Care, Occasional Child Care, Registered License-Not-Required Care, License-Not-Required Care and In-Child’s-Own-Home Care are not eligible.
Please refer to the Childcare BC Webpage for clarification on licensing designations.
How to Apply
Contact us at 1.877.489.2687 ext. 3689 or email email@example.com to explore eligibility and learn about the application process.
Applications were accepted until October 21, 2021 and Contribution Agreements were entered into with approved Employers for a 12-month period, from January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022.
Eligible facilities that missed this application deadline are being considered on first-received, first-served basis. Contact us at 1.877.489.2687 ext. 3689 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to explore eligibility.