If your organization is looking to rehabilitate, enhance or develop new recreational trails, this program could be for you.
WHAT TYPES OF PROJECTS ARE ELIGIBLE?
The types of projects that are eligible for Trail Enhancement Grants include:
- The rehabilitation of trails damaged due to a large/catastrophic weather events.
- The development of new trails that promote accessibility to attract a greater variety of users.
- The rehabilitation or development of:
- trails that incorporate identified Indigenous cultural or heritage values
- connector trails
- trailside and trailhead recreation facilities e.g. signs, washrooms, picnic tables, benches, gazebos, garbage cans and huts
- trails to mitigate identified environmental issues
- aging trail infrastructure e.g. culverts, boardwalks and bridges.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Eligible applicants include registered non-profits, First Nations communities, and local governments.
Projects must take place within the Columbia Basin Trust region.
HOW TO APPLY?
Trail Enhancement Grants will open in May 2020 with an October 2020 deadline.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.
Download the Final Report Template.
Here are examples of past projects that have been approved for grants: