If your organization is looking to rehabilitate, enhance or develop new recreational trails, this program could be for you.
WHAT TYPES OF PROJECTS ARE ELIGIBLE?
The types of projects that are eligible for Trail Enhancement Grants include:
- The rehabilitation of trails damaged due to a large/catastrophic weather events.
- The development of new trails that promote accessibility to attract a greater variety of users.
- The rehabilitation or development of:
- trails that incorporate identified Indigenous cultural or heritage values
- connector trails
- trailside and trailhead recreation facilities e.g. signs, washrooms, picnic tables, benches, gazebos, garbage cans and huts
- trails to mitigate identified environmental issues
- aging trail infrastructure e.g. culverts, boardwalks and bridges.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Eligible applicants include Indigenous organizations, local governments and non-profits.
Projects must take place within the Columbia Basin Trust region.
HOW TO APPLY?
Trail Enhancement Grants are now open. The deadline to apply is December 18, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. MT.
The application process is online for Trail Enhancement Grants. You will need to create an account. (If you have already created an account for a different Trust grant application, please use that account.)
Using the Online Application Site:
- Click here to be directed to the Trust’s online application site.
- Download the Application Guidelines to assist you in gathering the information you will need to complete the application.
- If you’re a first time user, you will need to create an account.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to initiate your application. You may save drafts and submit your completed application at any point before the deadline.
- Once your application is complete click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.