Do you operate a small business that is looking to hire a student for full-time work over the summer? If so, this program may be able to support you with a wage subsidy.
Who Can Apply
Small businesses with business headquarters in the Basin. Read the Program Guide below to review additional eligibility criteria.
How to Apply
- Read the Summer Works Application Guide. Ensure your business is eligible to apply.
- The Summer Works program fills quickly. Get ready by filling out the application worksheet now: Summer Works Application Worksheet.
- Follow the instructions below.
- Don’t wait to apply! Summer Works fills shortly after applications are made available.
- There is a new online application process to apply to the Summer Works.
- Applications are accepted on a first-received, first-served basis and are assessed as they come in, and continue until all funding for the program has been committed.
Instructions to Apply:
- Click here to be directed to the online application site.
- Sign up for an account (located at the top right-hand screen or the bottom).
- Fill out the ‘Ready to go’ information page. You need to create an account before you can start your application. Click Register at the bottom of the page.
- Once you sign up, you will need to check your email for an account activation link, which will take you to the application site. You should receive the email within a couple of minutes. Make sure to type your email correctly.
- Once you are back into the SWSP page, you can select your program or click on View Programs to see the Summer Works Program, click the green Apply Now button.
- There are three sections that you can click the Start button under Actions: there are three sections/tasks for the Application Stage: The Application; Clearance Letter; and Declaration.
– Summer Works Program Application (2 pages) – under Actions, click “Start”. Complete the checklist portion, once you have completed the application – click Save and Exit.
– Obtain and Upload Clearance Letter – under Actions click “Start”. You can obtain the letter via the WorkSafe BC link; drop a file to upload; browse a file; or select a previously uploaded file. Those applicants who currently have WorkSafe BC coverage are required to provide a clearance letter along with their application.
– Declaration – under Actions click “Start”. Complete and sign the declaration (with mouse or input device) – click Save and Exit.
- Once your Tasks are “Complete” click the Submit Summer Works Application button.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received.