Our priority is to create a diverse and resilient Basin economy that is supported by strong businesses, a trained workforce and sufficient job opportunities. We provide programs and initiatives to support economic growth, employment, business vibrancy and workforce development.
To aid local small businesses during this challenging time, the Trust will provide low-interest loans through its Small Business Working Capital Loan program to help businesses meet their immediate needs.
To support Basin food producers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and to help bolster the region’s food supply, create employment and alleviate longer-term economic impacts caused by the pandemic, the Trust is offering new Basin Food Producer Loans.
View all Economic articles.
- If you are a primary food producer expanding operations due to increased pandemic-related demand, you may be eligible for a Basin Food Producer Loan.
- If you own a small business or social enterprise, you may be eligible for the Small Business Working Capital Loans, to assist with the challenges of COVID-19.
- If you represent a business or organization who wishes to hire an intern, check out our Career Internship Program. It provides eligible employers with up to 50 per cent of an intern’s salary (up to $25,000 over a seven to 12 month term) for full-time, career-focused positions that lead to permanent employment.
- If you represent a business that wishes to hire a full-time student (including an apprentice) on a part-time basis during the school year, our School Works Program could help you afford it.
- If you represent a business that wishes to hire a high-school or post-secondary student in a full-time entry-level or career-related job over the summer, our Summer Works Program could help you afford it. This program is currently CLOSED.
- If you’re a Basin resident who needs short-term training to increase your chances of getting a job, our Training Fee Support program could help you pay for it.
- If your business needs financial support but isn’t able to secure conventional financing, our Impact Investment Fund may be able to help.
- If your businesses is positioned to grow the Basin RevUp program may be able to help. It is a business growth accelerator program that provides customized support, training and networking to growth stage companies, based in the Columbia Basin Trust region. If your business is interested in being considered for the program, review the Program Guide, and eligibility and commitment criteria.
- If you need support making your business stronger, you can access the Basin Business Advisors program for no-cost confidential, one-to-one business advisement services, including preparing your business for a technology-enabled future.
- If you need support making your non-profit organization stronger, our Non-profit Advisors Program can help you increase capacity, become more sustainable and become more efficient.
Economic Strategic Framework
Mission, Vision, and Objectives
Read about Shipping and Logistics in the Basin for information that might help your business.
An Information Webinar was held on April 11, 2018 for the Trust’s Request for Expressions of Interest for Basin Business Opportunities. View it here