Our priority is to create a diverse and resilient Basin economy that is supported by strong businesses, a trained workforce and sufficient job opportunities.
View all Economic articles.
- If you represent a business or organization who wishes to hire an intern, check out our Career Internship Program. It provides eligible employers with up to 50 per cent of an intern’s salary (up to $25,000 over a seven to 12 month term) for full-time, career-focused positions that lead to permanent employment.
- If you represent a business that wishes to hire a full-time student (including an apprentice) on a part-time basis during the school year, our School Works Program could help you afford it.
- If you represent a business that wishes to hire a high-school or post-secondary student in a full-time entry-level or career-related job over the summer, our Summer Works Program could help you afford it.
- If you’re a Basin resident who needs short-term training to increase your chances of getting a job, our Training Fee Support program could help you pay for it.
- If your business needs financial support but isn’t able to secure conventional financing, our Impact Investment Fund may be able to help.
- If you need support making your business stronger, you can use the Basin Business Advisors program to access confidential, one-to-one counselling and assessment services free of charge.
- If you need support making your non-profit organization stronger, our Non-profit Advisors Program can help you increase capacity, become more sustainable and become more efficient.
Economic Strategic Framework
Mission, Vision, and Objectives
Read about Shipping and Logistics in the Basin for information that might help your business.