The Buy Local Grants program supports Basin organizations to create and deliver campaigns and events designed to encourage people in the Basin to buy, stay and play local.
The Trust’s Strategic Priorities 2020-2022 identifies support for business renewal as a priority. The Buy Local Grants program will support organizations to promote local goods and services therefore helping ensure that local dollars circulate in Basin communities, promote the retention and creation of jobs, increase economic resiliency, and encourage a sense of belonging and deeper desire to contribute and invest in community.
Types of Eligible Projects
Some examples of eligible campaigns and events may include:
- Buy local branding and marketing campaigns that inspire local purchasing, and can include social media advertising initiatives and in-store merchandising campaigns;
- Buying incentives such as gift card programs, local business passports, and customer loyalty programs; and
- New campaigns or events to showcase, market, and recognize achievements of Basin businesses or entrepreneurs (e.g. an awards night or awards program) with the intent to promote supporting the goods and services of Basin businesses.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include local governments, First Nations, and non-profits in the Columbia Basin Trust region, such as:
- Chambers of Commerce
- Destination marketing organizations
- Economic development organizations; and
- Arts and culture organizations
How to Apply
- Download the Program and Application Guide and Application Worksheet. Use the worksheet to develop your application offline if you so choose.
- Complete the online application form.
- If this is your first time using our application form website, you will need to create an account. If you have previously created an account, use that one.
- You may save drafts and submit your completed application at any point before the deadline.
- Once your application is complete click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
If you prefer to submit a paper application, or if you have any questions about the application process, please contact Trust staff at email@example.com or 1.800.505.8998.
An online information session is scheduled for Thursday, July 15 (no registration required) at
10:00 a.m. PT/11:00 a.m. MT. to answer questions about the program and hear from
successful project recipients who participated in a similar program last winter.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 810 3233 9331
Deadline to Apply
This program has a continuous intake and applications are assessed on a first come, first-served basis. The program is open until all funds are disbursed or October 31, 2021, whichever comes first.