Our Career Internship Program provides eligible employers with up to 50 per cent of an intern’s salary (up to $25,000 over a seven to 12 month term) for full-time, career-focused positions that lead to permanent employment.
This program supports employers with hiring and training emerging professionals at a reduced cost. Post-secondary graduates, who have graduated from a post-secondary institution within the previous five years prior to the start of the internship, will have the opportunity to develop skills and experience in their chosen field and gain meaningful and sustainable employment.
Who Can Apply
Eligible employers are businesses, registered non-profits, First Nations communities and local governments within the Columbia Basin Trust region that have a demonstrated fiscal and organizational need for an intern and wage funding. Employers must meet all other eligibility requirements outlined in the application guide.
During this challenging time, the Trust recognizes that we can be more customized in how we support businesses. If you have questions about the application guide or your eligibility, or to discuss how this program could support your business, contact us 1.800.505.8998.
Now Accepting Applications
The application process is online for the Career Internship Program. You will need to create an account. (If you have already created an account for a different Trust grant application, use that account.)
Using the Online Application Site:
- Click here to be directed to the Trust’s online application site.
- Download the Application Guide and Worksheet to assist you in gathering the information you will need to complete the application.
- If you’re a first time user, you will need to create an account.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to initiate your application. You may save drafts and submit your completed application at any point before the deadline.
- Once your application is complete click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
If you’re not able to submit online, contact us at 1.800.505.8998 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.