Dan Rohn, Career Internship Participant, Dynamic Avalanche
Looking to hire a recent graduate in a career-focused position?
Our Career Internship Program provides eligible employers with up to 50 per cent of an intern’s salary (up to $25,000 over a seven-to-12-month term) for full-time, career-focused positions that lead to permanent employment
This program supports employers with hiring and training emerging professionals at a reduced cost to the organization. Post-secondary graduates, who have graduated from a post-secondary institution within the previous five years prior to the start of the internship, will have the opportunity to develop skills and experience in their chosen field and gain meaningful and sustainable employment.
NOTE: we have recently updated some eligibility criteria for this program. Review the Program and Application Guide to see these changes.
Who Can Apply
Eligible employers are businesses, registered non-profits, First Nations communities and local governments within the Columbia Basin Trust region that have a demonstrated fiscal and organizational need for an intern and wage funding. Employers must meet all other eligibility requirements outlined in the application guide.
How to Apply
The application process is online for the Career Internship Program. You will need to create an account. (If you have already created an account for a different Trust grant application, use that account.)
Using the Online Application Site:
- Click here to be directed to the Trust’s online application site.
- Download the Program and Application Guide and Worksheet to assist you in gathering the information you will need to complete the application.
- If you’re a first time user, you will need to create an account.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to initiate your application. You may save drafts and submit your completed application at any point before the deadline.
- Once your application is complete click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
Staff may contact you to discuss your application, and applicants will typically be notified of the decision within 25 business days.
We are currently accepting and reviewing applications, and will continue to on an ongoing basis until all funding for the program has been committed. Incomplete applications will not be considered until all missing information is provided.
When Can the Internship Start?
You will have three months from the date of your application approval to recruit an eligible intern
and have them start in the position.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.