Each year we produce a desktop calendar that showcases the beauty and wonder of the Basin through images taken by residents from around the region.
We are interested in photos that represent life in the Basin, a feeling of community and the great outdoors. This could mean photos of life in your town, at a festival, the flora and fauna or of the spectacular scenery that surrounds us. We want to see your photos of where you live and what makes you happy in your life as a Basin resident.
Selected photo submissions will receive $300 each.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, September 22, 2017.
If there are people in the photos, privacy laws indicate that either:
- the people in the photos can’t be recognizable (they’re too small in the photo to identify, or we see only their backs, or their identity is obscured in some other way), or
- if the people are recognizable, the photographer is able to track them down to get them to sign Columbia Basin Trust’s photo consent form (which we would supply to you if your photo was chosen).
To send us one or more photos for consideration, please email email@example.com with the following:
- Your name.
- Your community.
- What the photo is of. (If it represents a specific month, please indicate that too.)
- Where the photo was taken (within the Basin only, please).
- Low-res copies of the photos you wish us to consider. (Please send no more than five.) If your photo is selected, we will require a high-resolution version that is at least 5″ x 5″ in size. If your photo is smaller than this, please do not submit it.
Residents of all ages are welcome to submit.
Also please note the following:
Credit: Your name and community will appear in the calendar; we will also mail you one free copy of the calendar.
Use: We are purchasing your photo to use in the 2018 calendar, plus for any other Trust-related items produced within a three-year period (2018 to 2020). This may include ads, social media, websites or brochures. You retain copyright and ownership of the photo.
Timeline: Please send samples by end-of-day Monday, September 22, 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org.