We want to see photos of your life in the Basin – whether that means your experience at a community event, a local historical site or the beautiful scenery that surrounds us. This year we’ll give you weekly hashtags to inspire your shots.
Photographers of selected photos will receive $100 each.
Weekly polls will be posted on Facebook starting Monday, June 24. The deadline for submissions is 11 p.m. PT / Midnight MT on Monday, August 6, 2019.
TO PARTICIPATE ON INSTAGRAM
- Follow @columbiabasintrust and watch for the weekly post announcing that week’s hashtag.
- Post a photo that represents life in the Basin.
- Tag @columbiabasintrust in the photo and include the weekly hashtag and #BasinLife2019 in the caption.
- Head to the Facebook poll every Monday starting June 24 to vote for your favourite from the week!
TO PARTICIPATE ON FACEBOOK
- Like Columbia Basin Trust on Facebook and watch for our weekly posts announcing that week’s hashtag.
- Post your photo submission in the comments of that post.
- Share the post with #BasinLife2019 so your friends can enter too!
- Watch for the poll every Monday starting June 24 to vote for your favourite from the week!
Permissions: If there are people in the photos, privacy laws indicate that either:
- the people in the photos can’t be recognizable (they’re too small in the photo to identify, or we see only their backs, or their identity is obscured in some other way), or
- if the people are recognizable, the photographer is able to track them down to get them to sign Columbia Basin Trust’s photo consent form (which we would supply to you if your photo was chosen).
Credit: Your photo, name and community will appear in our 2020 calendar – and you’ll get one copy for yourself.
Use: We will purchase your photo to use in the 2019 calendar, plus for any other Trust-related items produced within a three-year period (2019 to 2021). You will be asked to sign a Photography Agreement. This may include advertising, social media, website content or other promotional materials. You retain copyright and ownership of the photo.
Disclaimer: This contest is in no way associated with, affiliated with or endorsed by Facebook or Instagram.