Enter our Basin Life 2018 photo contest for a chance to win $300!
We’re searching for photos for our 2019 calendar that represent life in the Basin, a feeling of community and the great outdoors. This could mean photos of life in your town, a festival, the flora and fauna or the spectacular scenery that surrounds us. We want to see photos of where you live and what makes you happy in your life as a Basin resident.
13 selected photo submissions will receive $300 each.
You can submit your photos by email or head over to our Instagram profile – @columbiabasintrust – and share your photos there.
Contest closes July 31, 2018.
Rules and Regulations
To enter the contest on our Instagram profile:
- Post a photo that represents life in the Basin.
- Follow @columbiabasintrust
- Tag @columbiabasintrust and include the hashtags: #OurBasin and #BasinLife18
Your profile will need to be set to public if you wish to enter the contest, otherwise we won’t be able to see your submission. You may enter as many times as you like.
If there are people in the photos, privacy laws indicate that either:
- The people in the photos can’t be recognizable (they’re too small in the photo to identify, or we see only their backs, or their identity is obscured in some other way), or
- If the people are recognizable, the photographer is able to track them down to get them to sign Columbia Basin Trust’s photo consent form (which we would supply to you if your photo was chosen).
If you choose to email your photo submission(s):
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your name.
- Include your community.
- Tell us what the photo is of (If it represents a specific month, please indicate that too).
- Where the photo was taken (within the Basin only, please).
- Low-res copies of the photos you wish us to consider. (Please send no more than five)
- Horizontal photos work best for the format of the calendar.
- If your photo is selected, we will require a high-resolution version that is at least 5″ x 5″ in size. If your photo is smaller than this, please do not submit it.
Residents of all ages are welcome to submit.
Also please note the following:
Credit: Your name and community will appear in the calendar; we will also mail you one free copy of the calendar.
Use: We are purchasing your photo to use in the 2019 calendar, plus for any other Trust-related items produced within a three-year period (2019 to 2021). This may include ads, social media, websites or brochures. You retain copyright and ownership of the photo.
Timeline: Post to instagram or send by email by 3:00pm PT, July 31, 2018.
We look forward to seeing your photos!