Since 2012, the Trust’s Social Grants program has provided over $8 million toward projects that improve social well-being of people living in Basin communities. If you have an idea that will strengthen social well-being, address complex social issues in communities and support people experiencing vulnerabilities, this program could help support it.
Apply Now to Social Large Grants!
The Trust is now accepting Expressions of Interest for projects requiring more than $5,000 from the Trust (Large Grants).
If your project requires $5,000 or less from the Trust, applications for Social Small Grants will be open in May 2020, with Small Grant applications due July 28, 2020. Check back on this website for full details in May.
Another intake for both Large and Small Grants will open later in 2020.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include registered non-profits, public organizations, municipalities, regional districts and Indigenous organizations. Businesses may be considered depending on the project and its broad community impact.
Projects must take place within the Columbia Basin region.
What Types of Projects Are Eligible
- Quality of Life Projects:
- Pilot or expand community-based activities that increase quality of life for people in the Basin living in poverty, facing significant barriers and/or experiencing vulnerabilities.
- Pilot or expand projects that improve access to community and social services and resources for people in the Basin living in poverty, facing significant barriers and/or experiencing vulnerabilities.
- Pilot or expand initiatives that foster social inclusion and increase social connections for populations experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, social isolation (e.g. children, youth, LGBTQ2+, people with diverse abilities, seniors, visible minorities, recent immigrants).
- Childhood Development Projects:
- Pilot or expand early years (ages newborn to six) or middle years (ages six to 12) initiatives that address existing or emerging developmental needs (i.e. cognitive, socioemotional, speech and language, fine or gross motor skills) of children who have or are at risk of developing vulnerabilities.
- Social Sector Capacity Projects:
- Develop and establish shared services or other efficiencies to address operational challenges of social sector non-profit organizations, while at the same time improving the quality and availability of services for clients.
- Create or strengthen collaborative initiatives that help address systemic social issues.
Expression of Interest Deadline – Large Grants
The current Large Grant intake has a two-stage application process.
The Expression of Interest (EOI) deadline is April 21, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. MT.
If selected to move forward, you will hear from us in late-May 2020, and you will have until July 28, 2020 to submit a full application.
How to Apply to Large Grants
- Review eligibility criteria in the Program Guide for Large Grants.
- Read the EOI Worksheet.
- Complete your EOI online by April 21, 2020.
- You may save drafts and submit your completed EOI at any point before the deadline.
- Once your EOI is complete, click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your EOI has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
Key Dates – Large and Small Grants
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020: Large Grant EOI opens online
- Monday, March 9, 2020: Information Session by teleconference at 2:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. MT. Dial-In to: 1-866-428-1156 and use passcode: 853327
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020: Deadline for EOIs to be submitted online
- May 25, 2020: Applicants notified regarding decision on EOIs
- July 28, 2020: Deadline to complete full application online (by invitation only)
- September 24, 2020: Final notifications to applicants
Can I Receive Support with My Application?
Absolutely! We encourage you to connect with the Social Grants team for one-on-one support with your project and EOI development. Contact us at email@example.com to set up a convenient time.
We will also hold an Information Session by phone on Monday, March 9, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. MT.
Dial-In to: 1-866-428-1156
Here are examples of past projects that have been approved for grants:
These projects may not reflect our current funding priorities.
Download the Final Report Template.