If you have an idea that will strengthen social well-being and address social issues in communities, this program could help support it.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include registered non-profits, public organizations, municipalities, regional districts and Indigenous organizations. Businesses may be considered depending on the project and its broad community impact. The project must not mainly benefit the interest of the business.
Your project must take place within the Columbia Basin Trust region.
How to Apply
The Social Grants intake for projects requiring more than $5,000 is now closed. Check back for details about the next intake.
View the Application Guide.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.
Here are examples of past projects that have been approved for grants:
These projects may not reflect our current funding priorities.
Your project should address one of the following three categories:
1. QUALITY OF LIFE PROJECTS:
- Implement community-based activities that increase quality of life for Basin residents living in poverty, facing significant barriers and/or experiencing vulnerabilities.
- Improve access to community and social services and resources for Basin residents living in poverty, facing significant barriers and/or experiencing vulnerabilities.
- Implement activities that reduce social isolation and foster inclusion for various populations such as seniors, youth, LGBTQ2 and people with disabilities.
2. CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS:
- Implement programs and activities that address existing or emerging mental health and developmental needs of children up to 12 years of age who have or are at risk of developing vulnerabilities.
3. SOCIAL SECTOR CAPACITY PROJECTS:
- Develop and establish shared services or other efficiencies to address operational challenges of social sector non-profit organizations, while at the same time improving the quality and availability of services for clients.
Download the Final Report Template