Since 2012, the Trust’s Social Grants program has provided over $9 million toward projects that improve social well-being of people living in Basin communities.
If your organization has a project idea that will strengthen the social well-being of people in the Basin experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, vulnerabilities, this program could help support it.
Social Grants are available for requests of more than $5,000. The second intake of this program is now open.
If your project requires funding of $5,000 or less, contact Kristy Archer at email@example.com or 1.800.505.8998 to discuss your project and explore eligibility and learn more about our ongoing application process.
Eligible Project Types
1. Quality of Life Projects:
- Pilot or expand projects that directly increase quality of life, improve access to community and social services, and/or address emerging social needs (e.g., domestic violence, mental health challenges, substance abuse) for people in the Basin living in poverty, facing significant social, physical and/or economic barriers, and/or experiencing vulnerabilities.
- Pilot or expand initiatives that directly foster social inclusion and connections for populations experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, social isolation or marginalization (e.g., children with existing or emerging developmental needs, youth at-risk of developing vulnerabilities, LGBTQ2+ individuals, people with diverse abilities, seniors, visible minorities, recent immigrants).
2. Social Sector Capacity Projects and Collaborations:
- Create or strengthen collaborative initiatives and projects that help address the root causes of systemic social issues.
- Develop and establish shared services or other efficiencies to address operational challenges of social sector non-profit organizations, while at the same time improving the quality and availability of services for clients.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include registered non-profits, First Nations communities and local governments from the Columbia Basin Trust region. Businesses may be considered depending on the project and its broad community impact.
Projects must take place within the Columbia Basin region.
How to Apply
- Download the program guide and worksheet for direction and advice on how to complete the EOI.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up a time to discuss your project idea.
- Use the worksheet to develop your EOI offline if you so choose.
- Complete the online EOI form by September 10, 2021 by 2:00 p.m. PT/3:00 p.m. MT.
Deadline to Apply
Submit your Expression of Interest by September 10, 2021 by 2:00 p.m. PT/3:00 p.m. MT.
If selected to move forward, you will be invited to meet with a Social Grants staff member by phone to support your project and application development and provide access to the online application form to be completed and submitted by December 15, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. PT/3:00 p.m. MT.
We encourage you to connect with the Social Grants team for one-on-one support with your project and application development. Contact us at email@example.com to set up a convenient time.