If you have an idea that will strengthen environmental well-being, this program could help support it.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include non-profits, First Nation communities, municipalities and regional districts. Businesses may be considered depending on the project and its broad community impact. The project must not mainly benefit the interest of the business.
Your project must take place within the Columbia Basin Trust region.
How to Apply
Environment Large Grants
The Environment Large Grants ($5,000 or more) intake is opening on June 17, 2020.
Environment Large Grants will use a two-stage application process, starting with an Expression of Interest, this year to provide applicants more time and support with project and application development.
The Program Guide and more details about the Expression of Interest will be available soon.
Save the date! Environment Large Grants information session July 8, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. PT/3:00 p.m.
Environment Small Grant
The next deadlines are July 30, 2020 and October 30, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. MT. Click here to be directed to the Trust’s online application site.
Using the Online Application Site:
- If you are a first time user, you will need to create an account:
- Once signed in, you can select the applicable program.
- Download the applicable Environment Grant application guide and worksheet to assist in gathering the information you will need to complete your application.
- Click on the applicable Environment Grant application form to initiate your online application. You may save drafts and submit your completed application at any point before the deadline.
- Once your application is complete click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
For completed projects:
Download the Small Grants Final Report Template
Download the Large Grant Final Report Template
Here are examples of past projects that have been approved for grants:
- Environment Grants – Fall 2019
- Environment Grants – Fall 2018
- Environment Grants – Fall 2017
- Environment Grants – Fall 2016
- Environment Grants – Spring 2016
- Environment Grants – Fall 2015
- Environment Grants – Fall 2014
- Environment Grants – Spring 2014
These projects may not reflect our current funding priorities. If your organization is based outside the Basin, we will consider your project if it involves a significant partnership with a Basin community or organization.
Your project should address the categories listed in the Application Guide for either Small Grants or Large Grants (Large Grants Application Guide coming soon).