Our priorities are to foster agricultural production and for residents to have access to healthy food. We’re supporting the agriculture sector in a number of ways. Learn more below.
View all Agriculture articles.
- Agriculture-specific business development support is available through Basin Business Advisors. Advisors work with primary producers throughout the Columbia Basin to help strengthen their businesses. They provide free, one-to-one, confidential business counselling and assessment services to help identify issues and opportunities. Common areas of support include financial analysis, cost of production analysis, market research and marketing, developing “go to market” plans, business and strategic planning, distribution analysis, human resources, general business viability and others.
- The Kootenay & Boundary Farm Advisors program provides information and services to support and strengthen agriculture in our region. KBFA works one on one with producers to identify challenges, coordinate and facilitate connections with agricultural expertise, and provide producers with information and resources that support their farm businesses. This program is a partnership with the regional districts of East Kootenay, Central Kootenay and Kootenay Boundary, and the Ministry of Agriculture.
- If you need support making your non-profit organization stronger, our Non-profit Advisors Program can help you increase capacity, become more sustainable and become more efficient.
- Our Community Development Program can provide funding, advice and other resources to help you see your project come to life.
- If you have an idea that will strengthen environmental well-being, our Environment Grants could help support it.
- If you have an idea that will maintain or enhance grassland resources while meeting conservation, environment and recreation objectives, our Grassland and Rangeland Enhancement Program could help support it.
- If your business needs financial support but isn’t able to secure conventional financing, our Impact Investment Fund may be able to help.
- See here for all of our funding options.
Agriculture Strategic Priority
Ag Forum 2018
The Columbia Basin Agriculture Forum, held February 27 and 28, 2018, was two days of idea and strategy sessions focused on market development. Participants were introduced to innovative responses to direct sales, procurement, distribution and aggregation, and value-added production from across the region, province and state of Montana. The purpose of the Forum was to leverage regional knowledge and uncover efforts that may be linked or supported to expand market access in the Basin.
Agriculture Forum Final Report
View the final report here.
View a selection of photos from the forum on Facebook. Tag yourself and keep the conversations going!
Manager, Special Initiatives