We work with Basin communities to enhance their efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and prepare for and adapt to changing climatic conditions.
View all Climate Change articles.
We plan on introducing a new program later in 2016. In the meantime, communities that are planning projects to increase climate resilience can contact us to learn about funding opportunities.
To be informed when the new program becomes available, sign up for our e-newsletter.
- Adaptation Resource Kit (2008-2014)
- Official Community Plan Policies Supporting Climate Resilience: A Resource Guide for Communities in the Canadian Columbia Basin (2015)
- Measuring Progress on Climate Adaptation in the Columbia Basin (2015)
- From Dialogue to Action: Climate Change, Impacts and Adaptation in the Canadian Columbia Basin (2012)
- Starting the Dialogue: Climate Change in the Canadian Columbia Basin (2006)
- Video: Climate Extremes (2015)
- Video: Salmo Wetland Restoration (2015)
- Canadian Columbia Basin Climate Trends and Projections (2011)
- Preliminary Analysis of Climate Variability and Change in the Canadian Columbia River Basin: Focus on Water Resources (2006)
- Province of British Columbia: Climate Change
Resilience to climate change is one of the five goals in our Environment Strategic Plan.
Goal: Resilience in a changing climate
Enhance Basin-wide efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and prepare for and adapt to changing climatic conditions.
Why focus on a changing climate?
Our climate is changing: temperature and precipitation increases are impacting environmental conditions including glacial runoff, water temperatures, stream flows, freeze/thaw cycles, floods, droughts and wildfires. Together, these changes underscore the need to prepare for and adapt to a future climate that will be different than what we have experienced before. Building awareness, providing information, supporting science and developing tools to support mitigation* and adaptation* at individual and Basin-wide scales is essential to assisting Basin residents and communities reduce greenhouse gas emissions and become more resilient to our changing climate.
|1. Improve information and awareness within households, communities and businesses about climate change impacts, costs, greenhouse gas emissions and the economic, social and environmental benefits of energy efficiency.||
|2. Support communities to develop and implement climate change mitigation and resilience strategies.||
Program Coordinator, Environment