Basin residents have told us that high-speed internet is important to them. This is why one of our strategic priorities is to make high-speed internet connectivity available throughout the region. We are working toward this through our wholly owned subsidiary, the Columbia Basin Broadband Corporation.
View all Broadband articles.
How can I find out about getting higher-speed internet access to my home or business?
Your local internet service provider can tell you how you can access the network. We do most of our work behind the scenes, which means we generally don’t deal directly with end users. Learn more here.
I’m an internet Service Provider: How can you help my business?
Increase reliable, affordable, high-speed connectivity in the Basin with an emphasis on underserved rural areas.
- Expand the physical fibre optic network.
- Increase usage of the existing network.
- Obtain grants from other entities such as provincial or federal governments.
- The Trust’s fibre optic network is expanded to underserved areas.
- Rural internet service providers are supported in providing high quality and affordable services.
- There is increased connection to fibre from both residential and commercial users.
- Explore partnerships to develop last mile networks in Basin communities.
- The Trust and its partners are prepared to quickly take advantage of funding opportunities from provincial and federal governments.
Business Services Coordinator, Columbia Basin Broadband Corporation