The Basin is stunning in so many ways—from its scenery, to its communities, to its people. If you have a photo that captures what you love about this region, we’d like to see it. We’re always on the lookout for great photos.
You could earn $200!
See details below.
We’re always on the lookout for great photos to use in items like our website, desktop calendar and magazine ads. We need photos from all seasons and of all subject matters. (View samples of the 2013 calendar, 2014 calendar and 2015 calendar for ideas.)
Photographers of selected photos will receive $200 per photo.
We are particularly interested in photos that represent a feeling of "community." This could mean people in the streets, at festivals, in parks or at other gatherings. However, privacy laws mean that either:
1) the people in the photos can’t be recognizable (they’re too small in the photo to identify, or we see only their backs, or their identity is obscured in some other way)
2) if the people are recognizable, the photographer is able to track them down to get them to sign Columbia Basin Trust’s photo consent form (which we would supply to you if your photo was chosen).
To send us one or more photos for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
1) Your name.
2) Your community.
3) What the photo is of. (If it represents a specific month, please indicate that too.)
4) Where the photo was taken (within the Basin only, please).
5) Low-res copies of the photos you wish us to consider. (Please send no more than five.) If your photo is selected, we will require a high-resolution version that is at least 5" x 5" in size. If your photo is smaller than this, please do not submit it.
Youth are welcome to submit.
Also please note the following:
Credit: When we use a photo, we generally don’t list the photographer’s name. The exception is our desktop calendar, in which we list the photographer’s name and community.
Use: We are purchasing your photo to use in any Trust-related items produced within a three-year period. This may include ads, social media, websites or brochures. You retain copyright and ownership of the photo.