Send us your best Basin photos for our 2017 calendar
Please note: The deadline for submissions is Monday, September 12, 2016.
Each year we produce a desktop calendar that showcases the beauty and wonder of the Basin through images taken by residents from around the Basin.
We’re planning our 2017 calendar and need your photos! Photographers of selected photos will receive $300 each.
We are particularly interested in photos that represent a feeling of “community.” This could mean people in the streets, at festivals, in parks or at other gatherings. However, privacy laws mean that either:
- the people in the photos can’t be recognizable (they’re too small in the photo to identify, or we see only their backs, or their identity is obscured in some other way), or
- if the people are recognizable, the photographer is able to track them down to get them to sign Columbia Basin Trust’s photo consent form (which we would supply to you if your photo was chosen).
To send us one or more photos for consideration, please email email@example.com with the following:
- Your name.
- Your community.
- What the photo is of. (If it represents a specific month, please indicate that too.)
- Where the photo was taken (within the Basin only, please).
- Low-res copies of the photos you wish us to consider. (Please send no more than five.) If your photo is selected, we will require a high-resolution version that is at least 5″ x 5″ in size. If your photo is smaller than this, please do not submit it.
Youth are welcome to submit.
Also please note the following:
Credit: Your name and community will appear in the calendar; we will also mail you one free copy of the calendar.
Use: We are purchasing your photo to use in the 2017 calendar, plus for any other Trust-related items produced within a three-year period (2017 to 2019). This may include ads, social media, websites or brochures. You retain copyright and ownership of the photo.
Timeline: Please send samples by end-of-day Monday, September 12, 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org.