Protecting heritage assets and supporting heritage, museum and archive work is important to preserve and share our history with future generations. We provide funding support through various programs and partner with Heritage BC to provide support to the heritage sector.
View all Heritage articles.
- Heritage, Museum and Archive Grants offer support to projects specific to the current needs of heritage organizations, including museums, and archives, historical societies and similar organizations, to support planning, programming, preservation and promotion.
- Community Initiatives and Affected Areas Programs support local heritage projects that provide additional value to Basin communities.
- If you need support making your non-profit organization stronger, our Non-profit Advisors Program can help you increase capacity, become more sustainable and become more efficient.
- The Trust and Heritage BC have partnered to support a Basin-based Heritage Planner to provide support and strengthen the heritage, museum and archives sector in the region.
The Trust and Heritage BC have partnered to support a Basin-based Heritage Planner to provide support and strengthen the heritage, museum and archives sector in the Basin.
The activities of the Heritage Planner will include items such as:
- addressing skills and professional development through advisory services, mentoring and training opportunities;
- partnering with organizations and existing delivery agents to maximize heritage, museums and archives education opportunities, such as conferences and workshops, and webinars;
- identifying funders and grant writing resources to support the financial well-being of the heritage and museum sector;
- monitoring and advising on the full range of local government heritage, planning issues, community heritage registers and heritage designation;
- monitoring and advising on the full range of museums and archives planning, policy, practices, and collections management;
- overseeing the maintenance of and additions to the Heritage Inventory and strategic directions for built heritage resources in the Basin;
- supporting the delivery of the Built Heritage Grants and the Heritage, Museum and Archive Grants.
Heritage Planner, Heritage BC
Goal 1: Enhance the Capacity of Basin Heritage Organizations
Goal 2: Preserve, Restore and Rehabilitate Basin Built Heritage Assets
Built Heritage Grants
Built Heritage Grants helped organizations around the Basin protect and maintain heritage buildings through financial contributions to a broad range of heritage conservation work on built heritage assets. Over three years, the program provided over $5 million to help 47 heritage projects that supported the preservation, rehabilitation and/or restoration of built heritage resources in the region. Built Heritage Grants were funded by the Trust and managed by Heritage BC.
Detailed project lists are here:
This program is now closed.