Life in the Basin is celebrated with vibrant arts and culture. We provide funding and support through various programs and partner with the Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance to deliver some of these.
View all Arts and Culture articles.
- If you are an artist or represent an arts and culture organization, our Arts and Culture Program may be able to provide support.
- Public Art Grants support the acquisition and installation of permanent art by Basin artists in public spaces in communities. If you have a project that will expand the impact of arts and culture in your community by installing a permanent art piece in a public space, this program may be able to help.
- Community Initiatives and Affected Areas Programs support local arts, culture and heritage projects that provide additional value to Basin communities.
- If you need support making your non-profit organization stronger, our Non-profit Advisors Program can help you increase capacity, become more sustainable and become more efficient.
- If your arts and culture organization could use assistance, check out the Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance. They provide valuable support, including grants, grant writing workshops, the Columbia Basin Culture Tour, support for applicants, as well as serving as the voice for Arts Councils in the region.
Arts and Culture
Goal 1: Support and Enhance Arts and Culture
Goal 2: Support to Create More Successful Artists
Goal 3: Expand the Impact of Arts and Culture in the Basin
Arts and Culture Venue Grants
Arts and Culture Venue Grants helped organizations around the Basin make capital improvements to arts and culture venues. Eligible applicants included registered non-profits, public organizations, local governments and Indigenous organizations in the region. Over three years, the program provided $2.3 million to help 29 venues make upgrades to their facilities that strengthened the impact of arts and culture in their communities.
Detailed project lists are here:
This program is now closed.