Our priority is to create a diverse and resilient Basin economy that is supported by strong businesses, a trained workforce and sufficient job opportunities.
View all Economic articles.
- If you represent a business that wishes to hire a full-time student (including an apprentice) on a part-time basis during the school year, our School Works Program could help you afford it.
- If you represent a business that wishes to hire a high-school or post-secondary student in a full-time entry-level or career-related job over the summer, our Summer Works Program could help you afford it.
- If you’re a Basin resident who needs short-term training to increase your chances of getting a job, our Training Fee Support program could help you pay for it.
- If your business needs financial support but isn’t able to secure conventional financing, our Impact Investment Fund may be able to help.
- If you need support making your business stronger, you can use the Basin Business Advisors program to access confidential, one-to-one counselling and assessment services free of charge.
- If you need support making your non-profit organization stronger, our Non-profit Advisors Program can help you increase capacity, become more sustainable and become more efficient.
- We help Basin children and youth build knowledge about entrepreneurship, self-employment, financial literacy and work readiness through programs offered by JA British Columbia.
Economic Strategic Framework
- Download this plan in pdf format.
Mission, Vision, and Objectives