It’s easy. And important.
Why Test Your Speed?
- By taking the online speed test, you are providing specific data about the true state of connectivity in your area.
- This information determines eligibility for federal connectivity granting programs.
- Certain areas of the Columbia Basin are showing as meeting service expectations; however, that is not what we heard from you.
- If you live in one of these communities, take the speed test:
- Golden, Kicking Horse, Upper Donald, Nicholson, Panorama, Wilmer, Slocan, New Denver, Silverton, Rosebery, Appledale, Winlaw, Lebahdo, Nakusp, Salmo, Ross Spur, Wynndel, Moyie or Valemount
PLEASE READ BEFORE DOING THE SPEED TEST:
- To ensure that your test counts, please follow these steps closely.
- Click the Start orange button to begin the test.
- Confirm your location on the map. Drag the orange marker if required.
- You must complete the form on the right hand side of the screen about your current internet package (it says optional, but we need the data!) You can find this information on the bill from your service provider, or on their website.
- If 50 Mbps Download/10 Mbps Upload or greater is not available in your community, please enter “50/10 No” in the Comments section.
- Click OK to begin the test.
Still not sure? Watch the video below.
Business Services Coordinator, CBBC
The Southeastern BC Regional Connectivity Committee was established in 2014 and includes Columbia Shuswap Regional District, Ktunaxa Nation Council, Regional District of Central Kootenay, Regional District of East Kootenay, Regional District of Kootenay Boundary and Village of Valemount. The Southeastern BC Regional Connectivity Committee has been advocating for high-speed internet for residents and businesses within the Columbia Basin.