We envision a region where all Basin residents and communities experience social well-being. This means that everyone can meet their basic needs, participate fully in community life and obtain support through strong social sector organizations.
Our Social Advisory Committee provides strategic advice to guide our support for social well-being in the Basin.
View all Social articles.
- If you have an idea that will strengthen social well-being and address social issues in communities, our Social Grants could help support it.
- The new Child Care Capital Grants focus on strengthening the quality of child care and creating new licensed child care spaces.
- The Early Child Care Workforce Development Fund provides licensed child providers with funding to support employees upgrading, transferring or maintaining needed ECE credentialing.
- In September 2017, the Trust launched a new Child Care Support Program.
- If you need support making your non-profit organization stronger, our Non-profit Advisors Program can help you increase capacity, become more sustainable and become more efficient.
- We help Basin communities address literacy issues through our partnership with the Columbia Basin Alliance for Literacy.
Social Strategic Plan 2014–2019
How we approach our work
Goals and objectives: Setting the stage for progress
Goal 1: Address systemic social issues
Goal 2: Be responsive to community priorities and solutions
Goal 3: Strengthen social sector capacity
Program Assistant, Delivery of Benefits