We envision a region where all Basin residents and communities experience social well-being. This means that everyone can meet their basic needs, participate fully in community life and obtain support through strong social sector organizations.
Our Social Advisory Committee provides strategic advice to guide our support for social well-being in the Basin.
View all Social articles.
Funding and Other Support
- If you have an idea that will strengthen social well-being and address social issues in communities, our Social Grants could help support it.
- Since 2017, the Trust has offered a Child Care Support Program.
- If you have a project idea that will create new child care spaces, the Child Care Capital Grants could support it.
- We have partnered with College of the Rockies to offer the Early Childhood Educator Training Wage Program and Early Childhood Educator Wage Subsidy Program to help address the shortage of Early Childhood Educators in the Basin.
- Our Seniors and Elders Activity Grants support projects that provide opportunities and amenities for seniors, including projects that support Indigenous elders.
- We have partnered with Kootenay Kids Society to provide advisory services to registered child care providers in the Basin. These advisory services will support, enhance and increase quality licensed child care spaces.
- If you need support making your non-profit organization stronger, our Non-profit Advisors Program can help you increase capacity, become more sustainable and become more efficient.
- We help Basin communities address literacy issues through our partnership with the Columbia Basin Alliance for Literacy.
- In 2019, the Trust and the Kootenay Boundary Community Services Cooperative (KBCSC) renewed a partnership to address common goals including strengthening capacity of social sector non-profits and developing innovative approaches to address complex social needs in the Basin. Learn more about the KBCSC.
- If your business or organization needs financial support but isn’t able to secure conventional financing, our Impact Investment Fund may be able to help.