We envision a region where all Basin residents and communities experience social well-being. This means that everyone can meet their basic needs, participate fully in community life and obtain support through strong social sector organizations.
Our Social Advisory Committee provides strategic advice to guide our support for social well-being in the Basin.
View all Social articles.
Funding and Other Support
- If you have an idea that will strengthen social well-being and address social issues in communities, our Social Grants could help support it.
- Since 2017, the Trust has offered a Child Care Support Program.
- We have partnered with Kootenay Kids Society to provide advisory services to registered child care providers in the Basin. These advisory services will support, enhance and increase quality licensed child care spaces.
- If you need support making your non-profit organization stronger, our Non-profit Advisors Program can help you increase capacity, become more sustainable and become more efficient.
- We help Basin communities address literacy issues through our partnership with the Columbia Basin Alliance for Literacy.
- In 2019, the Trust and the Kootenay Boundary Community Services Cooperative (KBCSC) renewed a partnership to address common goals including strengthening capacity of social sector non-profits and developing innovative approaches to address complex social needs in the Basin. Learn more about the KBCSC.
- If your business or organization needs financial support but isn’t able to secure conventional financing, our Impact Investment Fund may be able to help.
Program Assistant, Delivery of Benefits
See final report templates for Social programs below:
Social Connections Initiative Interim/Final Report Template
Food Recovery Initiative Interim/Final Report Template
Social Grants Final Report Template
ECE Workforce Development Fund Final Report Template
Child Care Capital Grants – Equipment Final Report Template
Child Care Capital Grants – Create or Improve Spaces Final Report Template