Protecting heritage assets and supporting heritage, museum and archive work is important to preserve and share our history with future generations. We provide funding support through various programs and partner with Heritage BC to provide support to the heritage sector.
View all Heritage articles.
- Heritage, Museum and Archive Grants offer support to projects specific to the current needs of heritage organizations, including museums, and archives, historical societies and similar organizations, to support planning, programming, preservation and promotion.
- Community Initiatives and Affected Areas Programs support local heritage projects that provide additional value to Basin communities.
- If you need support making your non-profit organization stronger, our Non-profit Advisors Program can help you increase capacity, become more sustainable and become more efficient.
- The Trust and Heritage BC have partnered to support a Basin-based Heritage Planner to provide support and strengthen the heritage, museum and archives sector in the region.
The Trust and Heritage BC have partnered to support a Basin-based Heritage Planner to provide support and strengthen the heritage, museum and archives sector in the Basin.
The activities of the Heritage Planner will include items such as:
- addressing skills and professional development through advisory services, mentoring and training opportunities;
- partnering with organizations and existing delivery agents to maximize heritage, museums and archives education opportunities, such as conferences and workshops;
- developing an inventory of funders and grant writing resources to support the financial well-being of the heritage and museum sector;
- monitoring and advising on the full range of local government heritage, planning issues, such as heritage alteration permit review processes, community heritage registers and heritage designation;
- monitoring and advising on the full range of museums and archives planning, policy and practices, such as acquisition, repatriation, de-accessioning of artifact and archival materials, collections management, museum & archives conservation issues, exhibition and programming design, visitor services etc.;
- overseeing the maintenance of and additions to the Heritage Inventory and strategic directions for built heritage resources in the Basin;
- supporting the delivery of the Built Heritage Grants and the Heritage, Museum and Archive Grants; and
- coordinating an annual Columbia Basin Heritage Conference.
Heritage Planner, Heritage BC