Do you operate a small business that is looking to hire a student for full-time work over the summer? If so, this program may be able to support you with a wage subsidy.
Who Can Apply
Small businesses with business headquarters in the Basin.
How to Apply
The Summer Works Program is now open.
Download the Program Guide before beginning your application.
Applications are accepted on a first-received, first-served basis, are assessed as they come in, and will be accepted until all funding for the program has been committed.
Instructions to Apply:
- Click here to be directed to the online application site.
- If you have applied to the program before, sign in to your account (located at the top right-hand screen) and go to step 6.
- If you don’t have an account, sign up for one. The Sign-Up button is located at the top right-hand screen or the bottom.
- Fill out the ‘Ready to go’ information page. You need to create an account before you can start your application. Click Create Account at the bottom of the page.
- Once you sign up, you will need to check your email for an account activation link, which will take you to the application site. You should receive the email within a couple of minutes. Make sure to type your email correctly.
- Once you are back into the Student Wage Subsidy Program (SWSP) page, select the Summer Works Program, click the green Apply Now button.
- Click “Start” under “Actions”: there are three sections to complete: The Application, Clearance Letter, and Declaration.
- Summer Works Program Application (2 pages): under Actions, click Start. Complete the checklist, once you have completed the application click Save and Exit.
- Those applicants who currently have WorkSafeBC coverage are required to provide a clearance letter along with their application. Obtain and Upload Clearance Letter: under Actions click Start. You can obtain the letter via the WorkSafeBC link; drop a file to upload; browse a file; or select a previously uploaded file.
- Declaration: under Actions click Start. Complete and sign the declaration (with mouse or input device) then click Save and Exit.
- Once your Tasks are complete click the Submit Summer Works Application button.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received. If you do not see the confirmation within five minutes, check your junk folder.
Stay in touch! Subscribe to our newsletter.