Is your organization planning a project to strengthen the social well-being of Basin communities? If your projects requires funding of more than $5,000, Social Large Grants could provide support to your organization.
What Types of Projects Are Eligible
Quality of Life Projects:
- Pilot or expand community-based activities that increase quality of life for people in the Basin living in poverty, facing significant barriers and/or experiencing vulnerabilities.
- Pilot or expand projects that improve access to community and social services and resources for people in the Basin living in poverty, facing significant barriers and/or experiencing vulnerabilities.
- Pilot or expand initiatives that foster social inclusion and increase social connections for populations experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, social isolation (e.g. children, youth, LGBTQ2+, people with diverse abilities, seniors, visible minorities, recent immigrants).
Childhood Development Projects:
- Pilot or expand early years (ages newborn to six) or middle years (ages six to 12) initiatives that address existing or emerging developmental needs (i.e. cognitive, socioemotional, speech and language, fine or gross motor skills) of children who have or are at risk of developing vulnerabilities.
Social Sector Capacity Projects:
- Develop and establish shared services or other efficiencies to address operational challenges of social sector non-profit organizations, while at the same time improving the quality and availability of services for clients.
- Create or strengthen collaborative initiatives that help address systemic social issues.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include registered non-profits, public organizations, municipalities, regional districts and Indigenous organizations. Businesses may be considered depending on the project and its broad community impact.
Projects must take place within the Columbia Basin region.
How to Apply to Social Large Grants
This is a two-stage application process. To submit your Expression of Interest, please take the following steps:
- Download the Program Guide and EOI Worksheet to prepare your application.
Attend the Information Session on August 6, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. MT. or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up a time to discuss your project idea
- Submit your EOI online by September 10, 2020 by 2:00 p.m. PT/3:00 p.m. MT.
You may save drafts and submit your completed application at any point before the deadline. You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
Expression of Interest Timeline
The Expression of Interest deadline is September 10, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. MT.
If selected to move forward, you will hear from us in mid-October 2020, and you will have until December 15, 2020 to submit a full application.
Can I Receive Support with My Application?
Absolutely! We encourage you to connect with the Social Grants team for one-on-one support with your project and application development. Contact us at email@example.com to set up a convenient time.
We will also hold an Information Session August 6 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm PT/3:00 pm MT – 4:00 pm MT. Details will be posted online here in July.
Here are examples of past projects that have been approved for grants:
These projects may not reflect our current funding priorities.
Access the Final Report Template.