You can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for projects that will connect residents across all ages and stages of life experiencing (or at risk of) social isolation with their neighbours and community.
Social Connections EOIs should fit at least one of the following five categories:
- Reduce barriers to accessing services, activities and events;
- Develop and facilitate programs and activities that are culturally appropriate and inclusive;
- Connect neighbours with one another to build strong relationships, improve safety, and expand social support networks;
- Create or improve social networks (e.g., coordinating volunteers to help people get places where social connections can grow); and
- Bring services to people who need them, where they need them.
Submissions that include the following Operating Principles may be prioritized for funding*:
- Incorporate perspectives of people with lived experience;
- Foster community partnerships;
- Incorporate Indigenous perspectives and culturally relevant approaches; and
- Document lessons learned and share results with key stakeholders from across the Basin to catalyze similar projects.
*Review the Application Guide for the complete list of Operating Principles.
This application has now closed. Applicants will be notified of funding decisions by the end of February 2019.
If you have questions, call us at 1.800.505.8998 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.