You can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for projects that will connect residents across all ages and stages of life experiencing (or at risk of) social isolation with their neighbours and community.
Social Connections EOIs should fit at least one of the following five categories:
- Reduce barriers to accessing services, activities and events;
- Develop and facilitate programs and activities that are culturally appropriate and inclusive;
- Connect neighbours with one another to build strong relationships, improve safety, and expand social support networks;
- Create or improve social networks (e.g., coordinating volunteers to help people get places where social connections can grow); and
- Bring services to people who need them, where they need them.
Submissions that include the following Operating Principles may be prioritized for funding*:
- Incorporate perspectives of people with lived experience;
- Foster community partnerships;
- Incorporate Indigenous perspectives and culturally relevant approaches; and
- Document lessons learned and share results with key stakeholders from across the Basin to catalyze similar projects.
*Review the Application Guide for the complete list of Operating Principles.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include registered non-profits, public organizations, municipalities, regional districts and Indigenous organizations delivering services in the Basin.
Your project must take place within the Columbia Basin Trust region.
How to Apply
The application guide outlines the program eligibility criteria in detail and has been developed as a resource to help you answer the application questions. Click here to download the Application Guide and Worksheet.
The application process for submitting to this EOI is online. You will need to create an account. (If you have already created an account for a different Trust grant application, use that account.) Click here to be directed to the Trust’s online application site.
Eligible applicants should submit their EOI by January 31 at 2:00 pm PT/3:00 pm MT.
The Trust will be hosting two information meetings to review the goals of the Initiative and answer questions about the application, selection and contracting processes. The same information will be discussed at both meetings.
The information meeting will be hosted by teleconference:
Date: December 19, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. MT
Date: January 15, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. MT
If you have questions and can’t join us for the information session, call us at 1.800.505.8998 or email email@example.com.