These grants support energy retrofits and repairs on community purpose buildings owned by non-profits to complete energy retrofits and/or building repairs up to a maximum of $100,000.
Eligible Project Types
Costs associated with the purchase and installation of alternative and renewable energy generation systems, such as:
- air source heat pumps
- solar systems
- heat storage
- wind turbines
Costs associated with improving energy conservation and efficiency such as upgrades to:
- air sealing
- heating, ventilation, and air conditioning upgrades
- led lighting upgrades
- domestic hot water upgrades
- thermostat and other controls
Costs associated with restoring a building envelope such as:
Costs associated with restoring structural components such as:
- posts and beams
- the roof structure
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include non-profit organizations in the Columbia Basin Trust region and must:
- Offer a broad range of social and community services that are barrier free;
- Have a minimum annual budget of approximately $750,000; and
- Own the community purpose building, defined as a building that:
- Is accessed by a variety of people that use your non-profit’s services;
- Demonstrates community benefit; and
- Is actively used.
Non-eligible applicants for this program include local governments, school districts, registered public colleges and for-profit organizations.
How to Apply
- Read the Program Guide. You should contact Trust staff to discuss eligibility and/or to ask clarifying questions.
- Click here to be directed to the Trust’s online application site.
- If this is your first time using our application form website, you will need to create an account. If you have previously created an account, use that one.
- Download the Program Guide and Expression of Interest Worksheet to help you through the application process.
- You may save drafts and submit your completed application at any point before the deadline.
- Once your application is complete click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
If you prefer to submit a paper EOI, or if you have any questions about the application process, please contact Trust staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.505.8998.
All applicants will be contacted via email about the outcome of their submissions.
Deadline to Apply
This is a two-stage process:
- You must submit an Expression of Interest by June 24, 2021.
- If successful, we will invite you to submit an application by January 11, 2022.
The Building Support Grants application is a two-stage process. Before starting the process, we highly encourage you to contact Trust staff to discuss your project idea by email at email@example.com or 1.800.505.8998.