These grants support energy retrofits and repairs on community purpose buildings owned by non-profits to complete energy retrofits and/or building repairs up to a maximum of $100,000.
Eligible Project Types
Costs associated with the purchase and installation of alternative and renewable energy generation systems, such as:
- air source heat pumps
- solar systems
- heat storage
- wind turbines
Costs associated with improving energy conservation and efficiency such as upgrades to:
- air sealing
- heating, ventilation, and air conditioning upgrades
- led lighting upgrades
- domestic hot water upgrades
- thermostat and other controls
Costs associated with restoring a building envelope such as:
Costs associated with restoring structural components such as:
- posts and beams
- the roof structure
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include non-profit organizations in the Columbia Basin Trust region and must:
- Offer a broad range of social and community services that are barrier free;
- Have a minimum annual budget of approximately $750,000; and
- Own the community purpose building, defined as a building that:
- Is accessed by a variety of people that use your non-profit’s services;
- Demonstrates community benefit; and
- Is actively used.
Non-eligible applicants for this program include local governments, school districts, registered public colleges and for-profit organizations.
How to Apply
This program is now closed. All applicants will be contacted via email about the outcome of their submissions.
Deadline to Apply
The deadline to submit your Expression of Interest was June 24, 2021. If successful, we will invite you to submit an application by January 11, 2022.