Does your organization need support acquiring either land, buildings or land-based infrastructure? Our Land Acquisition Grants support local governments, First Nations communities and non-profit organizations to acquire property for public purposes.
Types of Eligible Projects
The program only supports acquisitions within the Columbia Basin Trust region.
Applications must demonstrate that the:
- acquisition will provide broad public benefit over the long-term;
- the applicant has a long history of successful program delivery, stable long-term funding and the capacity to manage a capital project; and
- the applicant has organizational capacity for long-term asset management.
Examples of eligible acquisitions that provide a public benefit to people in the Basin include but are not limited to:
- providing public access to and enabling pursuit of recreational opportunities;
- creating a space to facilitate program delivery;
- addressing other identified community priorities; and/or
- addressing one or more of the Trust’s Strategic Priorities.
Who Can Apply
Local governments, First Nations communities and registered non-profit organizations are eligible to apply.
Individuals, unregistered organizations, and private businesses are not eligible.
How to Apply
- Download and review the Program Guide.
- Contact the Trust to inquire about your project at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a project inquiry online.
- Selected projects will be invited to apply and sent a link to the online application form.
- Allow for eight weeks between the time of application and the proposed start date of the project.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. The program will close when available funds have been committed.