If your organization owns and operates a community purpose building and is looking to add alternative energy generation to reduce costs and increase efficiency, this program may be for you.
WHAT TYPES OF PROJECTS ARE ELIGIBLE?
This program supports projects that create opportunities for alternative and renewable energy generation, and energy conservation and efficiency at community purpose buildings.
To be selected for funding, projects must demonstrate a positive return on investment and significant community impact.
Eligible costs include, but are not limited to, the purchase and/or installation of alternative & renewable energy generation systems such as:
- Solar panels
- Biomass energy boilers
- Heat storage
- Air or ground source heat pumps
- Micro hydro systems
- Wind turbines
Eligible costs also include energy conservation and efficiency improvements such as:
- Air sealing
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning upgrades
- Increase in insulation values
- Thermostat and other controls
Projects must take place within the Columbia Basin Trust region.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Registered non-profits, local governments and Indigenous organizations in the Basin that own Community Purpose Buildings are eligible to apply. School districts and registered public colleges may be eligible where the project is specifically for a space used for broader public purposes by external organizations and the space is not being used by the school or college for providing education.
Projects are not eligible if they:
- Occur on or in buildings owned by for-profit organizations or provincial and federal governments
- Occur on or in non-profit affordable housing buildings
- Have narrowly defined benefit
- Are primarily focused on, or associated with, only a single sport
- Take place outside the Basin
- Relieve any level of government of its obligations
DEADLINE TO APPLY
This program has a two-stage application process. The Expression of Interest is now closed.
If selected to move forward you will hear from us by December 3, 2019. The deadline for the full application is February 3, 2020 at 2:00 pm PT / 3:00 pm MT.
We will not accept applications after this deadline.
HOW TO APPLY
The application process is online for the Energy Sustainability Grant Program. You will need to create an account. (If you have already created an account for a different Trust grant application, use that account.)
Using the Online Application Site:
- Click here to be directed to the Trust’s online application site.
- Download the following documents to assist you in gathering the information you will need to complete the Expression of Interest.
- If you’re a first time user, you will need to create an account.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to initiate your application. You may save drafts and submit your completed application at any point before the deadline.
- Once your application is complete click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.