If your organization owns and operates a community purpose building and is looking to add alternative energy generation to reduce costs and increase efficiency, this program may be for you.
WHAT TYPES OF PROJECTS ARE ELIGIBLE?
This program will support projects that create opportunities for alternative & renewable energy generation at Community Purpose Buildings. Applications may also include activities related to energy conservation & efficiency for those buildings.
To be selected for funding, projects must demonstrate a positive return on investment and significant community impact.
Eligible costs include, but are not limited to, the purchase and/or installation of alternative & renewable energy generation systems such as:
- Solar panels;
- Biomass energy boilers;
- Heat storage;
- Air or ground source heat pumps;
- Micro hydro systems; and
- Wind turbines.
In addition to the eligible costs listed above, the program may also consider costs associated with energy conservation and efficiency improvements such as:
- Air sealing;
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning upgrades;
- Increase in insulation values; and
- Thermostat and other controls.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Eligible applicants include registered non-profits, local governments and Indigenous organizations in the Basin that own Community Purpose Buildings. School districts and registered public colleges may be eligible where the project is specifically for a space used for broader public purposes by external organizations and the space is not being used by the school or college for providing education.
Projects must take place within the Columbia Basin Trust region.
HOW TO APPLY
Energy Sustainability Grants is now open. The deadline to apply is January 7, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. MT. The application process is online for Energy Sustainability Grants. You will need to create an account. (If you have already created an account for a different Trust grant application, please use that account.)
Using the Online Application Site:
- Click here to be directed to the Trust’s online application site.
- Download the Application Guidelines to assist you in gathering the information you will need to complete the application.
- If you’re a first time user, you will need to create an account.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to initiate your application. You may save drafts and submit your completed application at any point before the deadline.
- Once your application is complete click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.