The Community Technology Program will support Basin communities to create publicly accessible tech-enabled spaces where residents can access technology and enhance their digital literacy.
Program Grants will assist eligible organizations with:
- acquiring new technology and digital equipment that provide barrier-free opportunities for residents to use them;
- completing site improvements to support the integration of new technology and the creation of free, accessible, tech-enabled spaces; and
- developing and delivering programming to support residents to use the technology and enhance their digital literacy.
Eligible Project Types
Eligible project types include:
- Technology and digital equipment;
- New program expenses;
- Infrastructure improvement costs.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include registered non-profits, local governments, and First Nations in the Columbia Basin Trust region who operate publicly accessible, barrier-free community spaces. These spaces should be free and accessible to residents of all ages, abilities, backgrounds and experiences. These may be libraries, community centres or halls, or long-standing, multi-service organizations.
How to Apply
- Download and review the Program Guide.
- Download the Application Guide and the Worksheet.
- Review the application guide for direction and advice on how to complete the application form.
- Use the worksheet to develop your application offline if you so choose.
- Complete the online application form.
If you prefer to submit a paper application, or if you have any questions about the application process, please contact Trust staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-505-8998.
Deadline to Apply
Applications will be accepted until December 15, 2021, at 2:00 p.m. PT/3:00 p.m. MT.
Here are examples of past projects that have been approved for grants: