The Community Technology Program is helping communities create tech-enabled spaces where residents can access technology to explore, connect and create in the digital world. This program will provide funding and support to increase opportunities for Basin residents to enhance their digital literacy and use the latest technology such as 3D printers, robotics kits, recording studio equipment, and computers with specialized software.
The program will assist eligible organizations with:
- acquiring new technology and digital equipment that provide opportunities for residents to learn, create and enhance their digital literacy;
- completing infrastructure improvements to support the integration of new technology and the creation of barrier-free, tech-enabled spaces; and
- developing and delivering programming to support residents to use the technology and digital equipment.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Registered non-profits, and local and First Nations governments who operate publicly-accessible, barrier-free community spaces (such as public libraries and community centres) that are free and accessible to residents of all ages, abilities, backgrounds and experiences.
Projects must take place within Columbia Basin Trust’s region.
HOW TO APPLY?
Review eligibility criteria in the Program Guide.
The Expression of Interest (EOI) is now closed. Organizations that have submitted an EOI will be notified by January 9, 2019 and then:
- invited to meet with a Program Advisor to support your project and application development; and
- provided access to the online application form to be completed and submitted by February 20, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. PT/3:00 p.m. MT.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.