The Community Technology Program is helping communities create tech-enabled spaces where residents can access technology to explore, connect and create in the digital world. This program will provide funding and support to increase opportunities for Basin residents to enhance their digital literacy and use the latest technology such as 3D printers, robotics kits, recording studio equipment, and computers with specialized software.
The program will assist eligible organizations with:
- acquiring new technology and digital equipment that provide opportunities for residents to learn, create and enhance their digital literacy;
- completing infrastructure improvements to support the integration of new technology and the creation of barrier-free, tech-enabled spaces; and
- developing and delivering programming to support residents to use the technology and digital equipment.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Registered non-profits, and local and First Nations governments who operate publicly-accessible, barrier-free community spaces (such as public libraries and community centres) that are free and accessible to residents of all ages, abilities, backgrounds and experiences.
Projects must take place within Columbia Basin Trust’s region.
HOW TO APPLY?
Review eligibility criteria in the Program Guide.
This program has a two-stage application process:
- Submit your Expression of Interest by December 17, 2018 2:00 p.m. PT/3:00 p.m. MT.
- A Program Advisor may contact you to discuss your project idea and review project eligibility and readiness.
- If selected to move forward, you will be notified by January 9, 2019 and then:
- invited to meet with a Program Advisor to support your project and application development; and
- provided access to the online application form to be completed and submitted by February 20, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. PT/3:00 p.m. MT.
Using the Online Application Site:
- The Community Technology Program Expression of Interest is online. You will need to create an account. (If you have already created an account for a different Trust grant application, please use that account.) Click here to be directed to the online Expression of Interest.
- Use the optional Worksheet to prepare your entries and/or collaborate with others involved.
- If you’re a first-time user, you will need to create an account.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to initiate your Expression of Interest. You may save drafts and submit your completed form at any point before the deadline.
- Once your Expression of Interest is complete click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your form has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.