The Community Readiness Program supports Basin communities’ ability to meet their needs during emergencies and disasters such as floods, wildfires, extreme heat or sustained power outages.
Types of Eligible Projects
Eligible applicants may apply for funding for any or all the following activities:
- the purchase of emergency readiness equipment and supplies to be made available for community wide benefit;
- facility improvements to accommodate emergency readiness or to increase accessibility; and
- training in the use and distribution of emergency readiness equipment.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include First Nations, non-profit organizations and local governments representing communities or unincorporated areas of any size that serve rural communities in the Columbia Basin Trust region for projects taking place within the Basin region. Rural or remote communities may be prioritized.
Non-profit organizations must demonstrate the support of their Regional District or municipality.
How to Apply
- Download and read the Program Guide before beginning your application. Contact Trust staff to discuss eligibility and ask any clarifying questions you may have.
- If you would like to work offline or have questions about the content of the application, download the Application Worksheet. The Application Worksheet contains additional information on how to complete the questions in the Online Application Form. This step is optional, and the Application Worksheet cannot be used as your application.
- When you are ready, complete the Online Application Form.
If you prefer to submit a paper application, or you have questions about the application process please contact Trust staff at email@example.com or 1.800.505.8998
Deadline to Apply
The application deadline is September 1, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. PT/ 3:00 p.m. MT.