The Child Care Capital Grants focus on strengthening the quality of child care and creating new licensed child care spaces in the Basin. If you have a project such as purchasing child care equipment, upgrading or renovating a child care facility or constructing new licensed child care spaces, this program may be able to help.
Who Can Apply
Basin non-profit and for profit providers of licensed child care are eligible to apply for funding.
|Funding Stream||Eligible License Types|
|1.a. Creation of New Licensed Child Care Spaces
b. Improvements to Increase Quality and Safety
|2. Equipment to Increase Quality and Safety||
Refer to http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/family-social-supports/caring-for-young-children/child-care/licensed-unlicensed-child-care for clarification on licensing designations.
Your project must take place within the Columbia Basin Trust region.
Learn More About the Program:
The Trust will be hosting two information meetings to review the Program Guide and answer questions about the application, selection and contracting processes. The same content will be covered at both information meetings.
The information meetings will be hosted by teleconference:
Telephone Information Meeting:
Date: June 12, 2019
Time: 6:30 p.m. PT / 7:30 p.m. MT
How to Apply
The Child Care Capital Grant intake is now open. The deadline to apply is July 31, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. MT.
The application process is online for Child Care Capital Grants. You will need to create an account. (If you have already created an account for a different Trust grant application, use that one.)
Using the Online Application Site:
- Read the Program Guide, download the appropriate application information for your project and apply using the corresponding online application.
- Download the Program Guide, Application Guide and Worksheet from the links above to assist you in gathering the information you will need to complete the application.
- If you’re a first-time user, you will need to create an account.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to initiate your application. You may save drafts and submit your completed application at any point before the deadline.
- Once your application is complete click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.
For Completed Projects:
Once your project is complete, complete and submit a final report. Your final reporting date is listed in ‘Schedule A’ of your signed Contribution Agreement.
Here are two forms:
If your project only included the purchase/installation of child care equipment up to $5,000, complete the Child Care Equipment Final Report.
If your project involved renovation and/or the construction of new licensed child care spaces, complete the Create or Improve Spaces Final Report.
The projects listed below may not reflect the program’s current funding priorities.