Does your school, sports team or recreation program need to improve a facility to provide more youth with the opportunity to play or be active? Basin PLAYS Capital Improvements Grants could provide funding to support your organization.
What types of projects and costs are eligible?
Projects that provide capital improvements to facilities and equipment purchases that increase children and youth participation in sports and physical activities are eligible under the Basin PLAYS Capital Improvement Grants. Some examples include facility upgrades that allow for increased accessibility, multi-sport fields and large equipment, and infrastructure that is broadly accessible and has low barriers to use. School districts may apply for outdoor infrastructure on school property that is accessible by the community outside of school hours.
Projects that demonstrate the following key outcomes may be prioritized for funding support:
- Build infrastructure or provide large equipment that will reduce the barriers for children and youth to engage in sport or physical activity
- Adapt a current sport or activity infrastructure to improve the accessibility for children and youth with disabilities
- Increase physical activity for children and youth by building infrastructure to support a new sport or activity to children and youth
- Upgrades that allow for multi-sport or multi-purpose use
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include registered non-profits, First Nations communities and local governments from the Columbia Basin Trust region. School Districts are eligible to apply for infrastructure that is accessible by the community outside of school hours.
How to Apply
Basin PLAYS Capital Improvement Grants intake is now open. The deadline to apply is November 13, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. MT.
If you require support with your application or project scoping, you can reach out to Trust program staff to guide you in the process at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application process is online for Basin PLAYS Capital Grants. You will need to create an account. (If you have already created an account for a different Trust grant application, please use that one.)
Using the Online Application Site:
- Click here to be directed to the application site.
- If you are a first-time user, you will need to create an account:
- Once signed in, you can select the applicable program.
- Download the Basin PLAYS Capital Improvement grants application guide and worksheet to assist in gathering the information you will need to complete your application.
- Click on the Basin PLAYS Capital Improvement grants application form to initiate your online application. You may save drafts and submit your completed application at any point before the deadline.
- Once your application is complete click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
Complete the Final Report.
Contact us at 1.800.505.8998 or email@example.com.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.