Does your school, sports team or recreation program need to improve a facility to provide more youth with the opportunity to play or be active? Basin PLAYS Capital Grants could provide funding to support your organization.
What types of projects and costs are eligible?
Projects that provide capital improvements to facilities and equipment purchases that increase children and youth participation in sports and physical activities are eligible under the Basin PLAYS Capital Grants. Some examples include facility upgrades that allow for increased accessibility, multi-sport fields and large equipment, and infrastructure that is broadly accessible and has low barriers to use. School districts may apply for outdoor infrastructure on school property that is accessible by the community outside of school hours.
Projects that demonstrate the following key outcomes may be prioritized for funding support:
- Build infrastructure or provide large equipment that will reduce the barriers for children and youth to engage in sport or physical activity
- Adapt a current sport or activity infrastructure to improve the accessibility for children and youth with disabilities
- Increase physical activity for children and youth by building infrastructure to support a new sport or activity to children and youth
- Upgrades that allow for multi-sport or multi-purpose use
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include registered non-profits, First Nations communities and local governments from the Columbia Basin Trust region. School Districts are eligible to apply for infrastructure that is accessible by the community outside of school hours.
How to Apply
The Basin PLAYS Capital Grants intake is now open. The application process is online. You will need to create an account. (If you have already created an account for a different Trust grant application, use that account.)
- Download the Basin PLAYS Capital Grants program guide and worksheet.
- Complete the online application here.
Deadline to apply is October 20, 2020.
Complete the Final Report.
Contact us at 1.800.505.8998 or email@example.com.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.