The School Works: Apprentice Wage Subsidy provides a wage subsidy to businesses, non-profits or First Nations communities, and local governments in the Columbia Basin to meet their employment needs.
Who Can Apply
- Be a business (with 100 employees or fewer, including management), local government, non-profit or First Nation community.
- Businesses must operate and have headquarters in the Basin region.
- For more eligibility requirements, see the program guide below.
The Program supports employers to provide employment to an apprentice to complete their work-based requirements for the following trades:
- Auto Body and Collision Technician
- Automotive Service Technician
- Professional Cook
- Electrician, Construction
- Electrician, Industrial
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- Metal Fabricator (Fitter)
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Steamfitter / Pipefitter
- Truck & Transport Mechanic
The program supports the retention of participating apprentices if the employer chooses to retain them to complete work-based training requirements in the same trade, beyond Level 2.
How to Apply
To discuss your needs, call toll free 1.877.489.2687 ext. 3584 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This program is administered by College of the Rockies.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.