Photo: Touchstones Nelson, Museum of Art and History
The Heritage, Museum and Archive Grants support projects specific to current needs in the heritage, museum and archives sector, including planning, conservation, exhibits, collections and community engagement.
The following types of projects and costs are eligible:
- Projects that support the development of heritage-based planning documents such as:
- Conservation Plans, Condition Assessments, Statements of Significance for physical heritage assets (e.g. building conservation; restoring heritage landscape; preserving a monument; identifying a structural feature like a stained glass window);
- Heritage Management Plans for communities or Heritage Conservation Areas; and
- feasibility plans, business plans or strategic plans specific to heritage organizations, museums and archives (e.g. feasibility of conversion of space for exhibit purposes; business plan for a museum gift shop addition).
- Projects that support heritage conservation including:
- Minor capital requests to include conservation of structural or architectural detail (e.g. cleaning and repointing a significant gravestone; restoring an ornate lintel over a doorway); and
- Significant artifacts requiring extensive conservation due to size, mechanical detail or specialized procedures (e.g. industrial equipment; railcars).
- Projects that support exhibition development or interpretive displays which may include:
- the planning, production and presentation of heritage exhibits that involve new or emerging themes; and
- the documentation, presentation and publication of information about specific community heritage resources through text panels, signage and other forms of information displays. Exclusions would include general marketing and communications.
- Projects that support collection management such as the arrangement and description, conservation, digitization, research, outreach and accessibility of archival records, artifact collections and published materials.
- Projects that increase and broaden community participation and/or create new opportunities for heritage tourism.
Heritage, Museum and Archive Grants are funded by Columbia Basin Trust and administered and managed by Heritage BC.
Who Can Apply
Registered non-profit societies, registered federal charities, local governments and First Nations may apply for funding. Financial contributions are not made to individuals, unregistered organizations or private businesses.
How to Apply
Heritage, Museum and Archive Grants are now open.
Deadline for applications is March 9, 2018 2:00p.m. PT/ 3:00p.m. MT.
Review the Heritage, Museum and Archive Grants Application Guide here.
Download the pre-application worksheet here.
The application process is online for Heritage, Museum and Archive Grants. You will need to contact the Heritage Planner, Jennifer Dunkerson to gain access to the application form. You can contact her at 1.800.505.8998 or 1.250.304.1667 or email@example.com.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.