This is a flexible fund that is targeted at supporting and strengthening the Early Childhood Educators (ECE) workforce by providing funding to licensed child care providers in the Basin to address critical and immediate workforce needs. Providers of licensed child care can apply for up to $5,000 to support their employees to upgrade, transfer or maintain needed ECE credentialing.
Over the course of three years, the fund will distribute $100,000 annually to support selected projects. The Trust will strive to distribute these funds equitably across communities, organizations and project types, but will prioritize projects that address critical and immediate staffing needs.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include registered non-profits, businesses, public organizations, First Nations communities, municipalities and regional districts.
Both non-profit and for-profit licensed child care providers are eligible.
Registered License Not Required, Licensed Family Child Care and In-Home Multi-Age Care facilities are only eligible to apply for funding under Category 3: Equipment to Increase Quality and Safety.
Facilities designated as Occasional Child Care, License Not Required Care and In-Own-Home Care are not eligible.
Please refer to http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/family-social-supports/caring-for-young-children/child-care/licensed-unlicensed-child-care for clarification on licensing designations.
Your project must take place within the Columbia Basin Trust region.
How to Apply
Early Childhood Educators Workforce Development Fund is now open (Nov 6).
We accept applications on a first-received, first-served basis. We assess the applications as they come in, and continue until all funding for the program has been committed.
The application process is online for Early Childhood Educator Workforce Development Fund. You will need to create an account. (If you have already created an account for a different Trust grant application, please use that account.) Click here to be directed to the Trust’s online application site.
Using the Online Application Site:
- If you’re a first time user, you will need to create an account: org/applicationforms.
- Once signed in, you can select the available program.
- Download the Application Guidelines and Worksheet to assist you in gathering the information you will need to complete the application.
- Click on ‘ECE Workforce Development Application Form’ to initiate your application. You may save drafts and submit your completed application at any point before the deadline.
- Once your application is complete click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.