The Child Care Capital Grants focus on strengthening the quality of child care and creating new licensed child care spaces in the Basin. If you have a project such as purchasing child care equipment, upgrading or renovating child care facilities or constructing new licensed child care spaces, this program may be able to help.
Over the course of three years, the program will distribute $1 million annually to support selected projects. The Trust will strive to distribute these funds equitably across communities, organizations and project types.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include registered non-profits, businesses, public organizations, First Nations communities, municipalities, and regional districts.
Both non-profit and for-profit licensed child care providers are eligible.
Registered License Not Required, Licensed Family Child Care and In-Home Multi-Age Care facilities are only eligible to apply for funding under Category 3: Equipment to Increase Quality and Safety.
Facilities designated as Occasional Child Care, License Not Required Care and In-Own-Home Care are not eligible.
Please refer to http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/family-social-supports/caring-for-young-children/child-care/licensed-unlicensed-child-care for clarification on licensing designations.
Your project must take place within the Columbia Basin Trust region.
How to Apply
Child Care Capital Grants are now open.
Deadline for applications is November 16, 2017 2:00p.m. PT/ 3:00p.m. MT.
The application process is online for Child Care Capital Grants. You will need to create an account. (If you have already created an account for a different Trust grant application, please use that account.) Click here to be directed to the Trust’s online application site.
Using the Online Application Site:
- If you’re a first time user, you will need to create an account: ourtrust.org/applicationforms.
- Once signed in, you can select the available program.
- Download the Application Guidelines and Worksheet to assist you in gathering the information you will need to complete the application.
- Click on ‘Child Care Capital Grants Application Form’ to initiate your application. You may save drafts and submit your completed application at any point before the deadline.
- Once your application is complete click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
Stay informed! Sign up for our e-newsletter.