Interested in attending the Keeping it Rural 2017 Conference? Apply now to receive $1,000 in support from Columbia Basin Trust.
The Keeping it Rural 2017 Conference is a two day event focused on rural community development. It takes place in Kelowna on June 20-21, 2017.
Columbia Basin Trust plans to help up to 20 Basin-based residents attend the event by offering up to $1,000 to offset expenses.
To be eligible to receive the Trust funds, you must:
- be a resident in Columbia Basin Trust’s region, see map here; and
- not be attending for the benefit of a role within local government.
Note: A maximum of one person per organization will be eligible for the support.
Selected residents will be required to submit an expense form with accompanying documentation after the conference to be reimbursed up to a maximum of $1,000 for the following eligible expenses:
- Registration fees
- Car rental, taxi, or public transit, and/or
- Mileage (reimbursed at $0.53 per kilometer)
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Subject line: Keeping it Rural 2017 Conference Support
- Mailing Address
- Phone number
- A brief description (maximum 200 words) outlining:
- your role in the area of rural community development
- how your attendance will benefit you, and
- how you will use your learnings from the conference for your organization and/or your community’s benefit
Apply by midnight local time on April 27, 2017.
The Trust will notify you via email on May 4, 2017 to inform you if your request for support is approved.