Our priority is to create a diverse and resilient Basin economy that is supported by strong businesses, a trained workforce and sufficient job opportunities.
Receive Support to Attend Keeping it Rural Conference March 20, 2017 - Interested in attending the Keeping it Rural 2017 Conference? Apply now to receive $1,000 in support from Columbia Basin Trust. The Keeping it Rural 2017 Conference is a two day event focused on rural community development. It takes place in […]
Request for Proposals: Regional Trade and Marketing Analysis March 14, 2017 - Columbia Basin Trust is seeking a qualified consultant to complete an analysis on how the economic sectors and drivers of the Columbia Basin region are recognized and identified within provincial, national and international markets, as well as explore and recommend […]
Trust Puts Economic Development Plan into Action February 22, 2017 - Working with entrepreneurs to bring ideas to life Columbia Basin Trust has a vision for economic growth and is putting a new plan into action. The Trust is purchasing a commercial building in the Waneta Industrial Park near Trail and […]
View all Economic articles.
- If you represent a business that wishes to hire a full-time student (including an apprentice) on a part-time basis during the school year, our School Works Program could help you afford it.
- If you represent a business that wishes to hire a high-school or post-secondary student in a full-time entry-level or career-related job over the summer, our Summer Works Program could help you afford it.
- If you’re a Basin resident who needs short-term training to increase your chances of getting a job, our Training Fee Support program could help you pay for it.
- If your business needs financial support but isn’t able to secure conventional financing, our Impact Investment Fund may be able to help.
- If you need support making your business stronger, you can use the Basin Business Advisors program to access confidential, one-to-one counselling and assessment services free of charge.
- If you need support making your non-profit organization stronger, our Non-profit Advisors Program can help you increase capacity, become more sustainable and become more efficient.