Our priority is to create a diverse and resilient Basin economy that is supported by strong businesses, a trained workforce and sufficient job opportunities.
Now Open! Student Wage Subsidies Create Jobs and Strengthen Businesses February 15, 2017 - Popular Summer Works program opens February 16 (Columbia Basin) – If you own a small business, you can get financial help to hire a student over the summer through Columbia Basin Trust’s Summer Works program. Administered by College of the […]
Shipping and Logistics Survey January 20, 2017 - Seeking business owners’ input The Trust is undertaking a regional shipping and logistics analysis to assess regional shipping infrastructure and services and explore options for improvement. What does that mean for you? We are reaching out to businesses that […]
College of the Rockies to Get New Trades Training Facility January 10, 2017 - Local students and employers will soon be able to benefit from a new trades training facility at College of the Rockies. The facility is being built thanks to $10 million from the federal and provincial governments, the college itself and […]
View all Economic articles.
- If you represent a business that wishes to hire a full-time student (including an apprentice) on a part-time basis during the school year, our School Works Program could help you afford it.
- If you represent a business that wishes to hire a high-school or post-secondary student in a full-time entry-level or career-related job over the summer, our Summer Works Program could help you afford it.
- If you’re a Basin resident who needs short-term training to increase your chances of getting a job, our Training Fee Support program could help you pay for it.
- If your business needs financial support but isn’t able to secure conventional financing, our Impact Investment Fund may be able to help.
- If you need support making your business stronger, you can use the Basin Business Advisors program to access confidential, one-to-one counselling and assessment services free of charge.
- If you need support making your non-profit organization stronger, our Non-profit Advisors Program can help you increase capacity, become more sustainable and become more efficient.