If you need support making your non-profit organization stronger, this program can help you increase capacity, become more sustainable and become more efficient.
This program can provide you with information resources. It can also connect you with an advisor who will assess your organization and provide recommendations. These services are free.
If the advisor thinks more specialized consulting support is needed, the program may also subsidize those services.
You can obtain advice in areas like these:
- planning and direction
- material resources
- human resources
- financial management
- legal/risk management
- community relationships.
The program does not provide grants or core funding, or fund activities like projects, professional development or training.
View the program overview.
Who Can Access This Program?
You may access this program if you represent an organization that:
- is based in the Trust region
- is a registered non-profit
- actively delivers programs that support broad public good (not programs that primarily benefit membership) in the Trust region.
Groups interested in starting a non-profit are not eligible.
For other eligibility requirements, contact the program assistant.
Are You a Consultant?
We’re always open to speaking with consultants who wish to offer capacity-building services and expertise to Basin non-profits. For more information, contact:
New Societies Act
Starting November 28, 2016, BC’s new Societies Act will come into effect. Societies will have two years to update their constitution and by-laws to comply. We will be sharing resources and educational opportunities, as they become available, to support non-profits through this transition.
More information on the Societies Act changes can be found here:
- The New Societies Act: General Information
- The New Societies Act: FAQs
- Law for Non-profits
- Information for Extraprovincial Non-share Corporations Note: federally incorporated Not-for-profit corporations and Boards of Trade operating in BC have new filing requirements under the new Societies Act as well.
If you have questions about the Act or other topics on non-profit operations, please contact us:
Please click on the topic heading to find a variety of resources related to non-profit operations.