If you wish to hire a high-school or post-secondary student in a full-time entry-level or career-related job over the summer, this program could give you a wage subsidy.
Who Can Apply
You may apply if you represent a small business in the Columbia Basin Trust region.
How to Apply
Download the 2017 Summer Works Application Guide.
- There is a new online application process to apply to Summer Works.
- Applications are accepted on a first-received, first-served basis and are assessed as they come in, and continue until all funding for the program has been committed.
- If you have a WorkSafe BC account, you will be asked to upload a Clearance Letter as a PDF in the application process.
Instructions to Apply:
- Click here to be directed to the online application site.
- Sign Up for an account (located at the top right-hand screen or the bottom).
- Fill out the ‘Ready to go’ information page. You need to create an account before you can start your application. Click Register at the bottom of the page.
- Once you sign up, you will need to check your email for an account activation link, which will take you to back to the application site. You should receive the email within a couple of minutes. Make sure to type your email correctly.
- Once back to the SWSP page, log in and select your program or click on View Programs to see the Summer Works Program, click the green Apply Now button.
- Three sections to complete, ensure all Status options for each section is marked Complete:
– Summer Works Program Application (2 pages)
– Obtain and Upload Clearance Letter (drop file to upload or obtain letter at the link provided)
– Declaration (fill out and sign form using your mouse or input device)
- Submit. – your submission
Contact: Maureen Modin
1.877.489.2687 ext. 3644