If you are a non-profit organization that operates affordable housing units in the Basin that need energy retrofits of some form, this program could help support the upgrades. The Columbia Basin Trust Energy Retrofit Program is delivered by the BC Non-Profit Housing Association in partnership with BC Housing.
The goal of this program is to help Basin residents have access to housing that meets their needs. This new program will help ensure existing affordable housing units are maintained, cost-effective, energy-efficient and comfortable for residents.
Through this program, non-profit organizations that operate affordable housing units in the Basin can:
- perform energy assessments and develop plans
- access existing rebate programs
- pay for retrofits through Trust-funded grants
Energy retrofits include activities like improving or replacing:
- heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- hot water heaters
Energy retrofits will enhance the quality and sustainability of existing affordable housing by:
- lowering operating costs
- improving comfort level with more efficient heating systems and climate control
- assisting with long-term asset management
Who Can Apply
You may apply if you represent a non-profit organization that operates affordable housing units in the Basin.
How to Apply
The first intake will be announced in May with a Request for Proposals. To be notified when the intake opens, sign up for our e-newsletter.